(exhibited in Eco-Products 2006)
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd, also know as Panasonic,
is well know for excellence of electronic products.
Panasonic uses a version of Factor X that refers to the measurement to achieve a balance between the "improvement of quality of life" from the customer's viewpoint, and the "reduction of environmental impact" over the entire product life cycle.
Quality of Life is defined by number of functions a product performs for
- Safety / Sense of security
- Comfort and convenience
- Versatility and Flexibility
- Universal Design and Flexibility for all environmental impact if found by measuring
- Prevention of global warming (GHG factor)
- Effective use of resources (Resource factor)
- Reduction/elimination in use of specified chemical substances
- fuel-cell co-generation and solar power generation systems
- green roof the increase energy efficiency, reduce the warming effect of the urban heat islands.
- House Shelter with High Insulator and Air Tightness Rainwater Pooling System.
- a self-cleaning air conditioner
- a hydro-fluorocarbon free refrigerator, a dish washer and a tilted-drum washer
- dryer which clean with significantly less amount of water and long-life LED lighting devices which virtually do not need to be replaced.